Baking News

I meant to post about a couple Christmas cookie recipes I tried using Earth Balance Buttery Spread. I made these Russian Tea Cakes and these Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies. I didn't have the highest hopes but was very happy with the results. I also substituted finely ground almonds in the tea cakes and they turned out sooooo good. We never even rolled them in powdered sugar...they were that good plain. The ginger cookie dough was extremely sticky, even after refrigerating for the recommended 2 hours. I was disgusted and sick of baking so I just left it in there. A couple days later I almost threw it out but decided to try rolling one into a ball. It rolled! I rolled them and baked them and they were FANTASTIC. Soft and tender ginger chocolate goodness. I will definitely be making both of these again...probably even before Christmas. :)

Last night I made some Banana Bread Muffins posted yesterday at Something So Clever. I was happy to find another egg free recipe and they are probably the best ones I've had yet. Flavorful, moist and not at all crumbly. I substituted whole wheat flour for the white and Earth Balance again with no problem.

Comments

Popular Posts