our day so far


Okay, not really. But last night...definitely. Ruby was up from 2:30-3:30 am just nursing and howling. It was her high pitched howl so I think she was gassy. Finally, at 3:30 I brought her into our bed. Patrick had to get up at 4:00 to leave for Philadelphia until Friday. At about 6:30 I heard James howling in his room. I jumped up, grabbed Ruby, and ran in there. He was crying for me not to leave on a bus...this is the first time he really didn't like the idea of Patrick going away. :( Not that he's liked it in the past, but it never seemed to upset him before. Poor buddy. So, there we all were. Me, exhausted. Ruby, exhausted but happy to see James. James, exhausted but happy to be up so freaking early without getting told to GO BACK TO SLEEP. And so begins day one.
I must add that I loved having Ruby in bed with me last night. That normally makes me so nervous (as every other time she's ended up under the covers or some horrible thing) but last night she fell asleep in the crook of my arm, gripping my hair and shirt like a baby monkey. It was so sweet and even though I wanted to be grumpy at her I really just loved it.
(note to Ruby: this will not be acceptable OR sweet tonight.)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. why do you have to make him feel so bad????? try some positive thinking or use your relaxation skills. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do you have to make him feel so bad????? try some positive thinking or use your relaxation skills. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......ma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts