and I think to myself, what a wonderful world

(photo by rachel.soli on flickr)
Another glorious day here in Madtown. Ruby took a long nap this morning so we didn't get out of the house until about 12:30. Our first stop was Whole Foods where we managed to miss the lunch rush and it made our visit so much more enjoyable. They also were sample crazy today...we tried grapefruit, fresh pineapple, blue corn chips, guacamole, salmon dip, gingersnaps, animal crackers and strawberries. A lot better than Cub where they sample Velveeta and Kool Aid. (HAHAHA - did that make you laugh, Sarah?) The pineapple was our favorite, I think. We got some lunch stuff for ourselves and sat in their little cafe area. James loves it there because they have a waterfall and little chairs that he can stack and unstack. I love it because they have highchairs so I can feed Ruby while he plays. (I remember going there with Kate when James & Natalie were about Ruby's age.)
After Whole Foods we headed to the UW Bike Path by Picnic Point. I didn't bring my camera today but I found a picture on flickr of our view across the water. It was just a beautiful afternoon and James was so happy to be running free. I had Ruby in the backpack again and she watched him for a while and then ended up sleeping for about an hour. James & I walked and walked...we heard a woodpecker, saw a muskrat (or a giant rat looking thing that swam - I'm pretending it couldn't have possible been a real rat), saw a girl on a Unicycle, threw rocks in the water, and James peed for his very first time outside. This he loved. As soon as he realized he was in charge that little thing was all over the place. Very cute.
I can't tell you how much I love these times with my kids. I was so worried about "missing" James after I had another and it's not that way at all. During the last few years I've become aware of these tiny moments in my life that are like a burst of pure joy. They come on in a flash and are gone just as quickly...like a bubble popping...but leave me with this huge feeling of thankfulness and contentment. What a perfect reminder. xo

Comments

  1. The velveeta/kool-aid comment did make me giggle. You certainly have Whole Foods kids. I totally related to your moment of joy that feels like a bubble. Teddy and I walked a long time Sun am and ended up swinging at the park. He was laughing hysterically and then held onto me as we swung spider style and pretended he was a baby joey in my pouch. I want it to never end!!! James is hilarious. Love you, so good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you, too! I still have to do my Saturday update with my pics of Joe & Alex. Ha!

    You are all so lucky to live close to eachother. How wonderful all around for Teddy, Ivy & Caleb to have their Auntie (s) nearby. (upstairs!)

    Joe & Alex are at such fun ages right now. Oh yeah, I shop at Cub all the time too, so my kids are Whole Cub kids. HAHAHA. Do you remember my story about WF from a long time ago? This one reminded me of that and how much you laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember! Even though elimination communication and cloth diapers weren't in God's plan, James eats nothing but the best and Ruby is straight out of the Whole Foods Parent glossy in the store:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do remember! Even though elimination communication and cloth diapers weren't in God's plan, James eats nothing but the best and Ruby is straight out of the Whole Foods Parent glossy in the store:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You kill me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts