bye, bye, this american pie

J: I need a lot of feed to get me bigger.
S: mmmhmmm
...pause...
J: (sliding empty plate over) And more pie.
I made a discovery quite a while ago that probably won't thrill anyone - except those dealing with a dairy allergy. Coconut milk works great with Jello Instant pudding! I had tried rice & soy milk and neither worked. Coconut milk is so thick to begin with that it works perfectly. It is pretty high in fat but fine for an occasional treat. (James needed extra fat as a wee one, anyways, to make up for the lack of whole milk. It was great for adding to his rice milk, too!)
I had extra crushed pineapple on hand last week and happened to have a ready crust so I made up a coconut pineapple pie that everyone loved. Here's the recipe: (if you can really call it that)
1 can coconut milk, chilled
1 small box Jello Instant Coconut Pudding
3/4 C crushed pineapple, drained well
1 ready crust (like Keebler)
Combine pudding and milk, add pineapple, pour into crust. Chill. Eat.

Comments

  1. Awesome. I've got some coconut milk that I need to use up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts