Party of 5 (hundred!)

Photo by pakitt on Flickr

Wow! What a turn out for the Ultimate Blog Party over at 5 Minutes for Mom! I can't wait to start making my way through all the links and see what goodies I find out there. :)

First of all, welcome to my little party here at Sugar Ave. I am so glad you stopped by. I am pretty new to this whole blogging thing...I've only been at it about 5 months...and have never really introduced myself.

My name is Stephanie and I'm 35 years old. I've been married for 11.5 years and can honestly say my husband is my very favorite person. We met almost 20 years ago and he was just a crazy teenage boy that I dated for the summer. About 5 years later he came home on leave from the Army and he became a crazy young man that I dated for another summer. About 1 year after that I realized he was the only man that I ever wanted to date again. We have 2 kids, James who's 3 and Ruby who's 9 months. We live near Madison, Wisconsin and just love it here except that all of our family is sooooo far away. Sometimes I really wish that life was "smaller", like it used to be, and that family members didn't spread their wings quite so far. (ourselves included)

I feel very blessed to be able to stay home with my kids. (most of the time!) haha. It's not always easy but I do love it. I also love searching for recipes, baking & cooking, thrift stores & flea markets, going to the bookstore by myself, with a friend or, on the rare occasion when we have a babysitter, my husband. I love being outside, going for drives and shopping. I adore coffee and mornings. My camera is one of my favorite possessions.

I have been posting photos (with silly captions) over on Yahoo for years. I started this blog as an extension of that. I use it to share James & Ruby with our families far away, to make a note of things that make me laugh, and just as a journal. It's also a tiny bit of creativity for me during a time when I don't have time for much else. Sometimes I wish I had some great message or mission but I really don't. I'm just documenting our lives and letting some friends, family, and total strangers peek inside.

It's the online version of one of my guilty pleasures, really. I just love it when we're driving home at night and pass a house with the curtains open. It's so fun to look inside and catch a glimpse of someone else's life for a minute. I think that's one of the reasons why so many people love blogs, they're a socially acceptable way to be nosy. (Along with all the sharing and learning and blogg-y love, that is! :)

So, after all of that, thanks for stopping by! Feel free to nose around a little bit and join the party, if you haven't already.

Comments

  1. Hi there! Love your blog. And I like to look in peoples' windows too - I even leave my blinds open on my big window so people can look in my house.

    (Fortunately, they can't see the messiness from the street.)

    I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie! I have a 9 month old too. I can relate. Congratulations on your successful marriage and happy family! Hope you can stop by our party, too.

    Susan at Working Moms Against Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take beautiful pictures!! I just love your kids' names, too... and I can not believe the turn out for the blog party... how will we ever be able to visit everyone!?

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to look in windows too...thanks for a peek into your life...

    Enjoy the party!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your children are so cute. Your Ruby is just a doll with the red hair and such a beautiful name! Welcome to the blog party. May you be richly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great intro. It sounds like we have a lot in common, including being Wisconsinites. I'd say our recent weather is another reason not to feel too fond of the area...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stephanie,

    that really was a sweet intro, It took me a while to think of what to say on my blog! I love the window picture, I enjoy peeking into windows too..just to see what the atmosphere is like,how they decorated, but I try not to..don't want to be rude! I think you are right, linking that curious feeling to blogs.

    my party is up, come on over and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stephanie! I'm a blog party girl and I'm having a great time seeing all of these blogs!! Come on by my site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute blog! Do you really live on Sugar ave? I am jealous...the only avenue that may be better would be "chocolate"! I am also a blogging newbie and cannot remember my life before it. I am totally addicted. I was just stopping by for the party...I had a blast looking in windows with you. Party Hearty!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to "meet" you! I'm "relatively" new to blogging too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I told someone once that I liked to look in windows at night and I got the strangest look! Haha...but I get what you mean. Don't you just love to wonder what they're all talking about in there?

    Thanks for stopping by Chocolate Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S.

    Please be sure to check out a fun Bump! Photo Tag going on tomorrow! I’ll have a linky up … hope you’d like to play along and post your favorite pregnant belly pic!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Visitors! :) Thank you all for stopping by and I promise to swing by your place this week - if I haven't already.

    Now, back to my regularly scheduled Sunday...time to read the Target ad! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swinging in for the party...It was nice meeting you.

    My second Party Gift give-away has begun come on over when you get a chance.

    PARTY ON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sugar Ave ! Great Name!
    I just Love your party intro.You have a way of saying just what I was thinking! ;-)
    I too, love to look into windows, esp. at night. I like to imagine warmth and family meals and laughing, etc...
    Happy Blog Party!
    Stop by and visit me if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad I joined your party. I love the window photo, too, and your blog.

    Great party, come over and see me sometime.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm Stephanie's mother..... :) So nice to meet you all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just short of 800 now! Hello, it's nice to meet you. I think I must be half way through all the blogs now. I hope I am!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Stephanie nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! It's so nice to meet you =)
    I am a bit south of you in the Chicago-land area. This fall we were up in Madison to visit relatives .. my kids loved the children's museum there!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts