Up North - Friday

Well, Friday morning I decided we needed a little break from the activities. Ruby needed a good solid nap and she had some other business she was behind on. (ahem.) When she finally woke up, after nearly 3 hours, we headed for Jolee's house.

It was a bright sunny day and Jolee & I had planned on letting the boys play in her backyard for a while. James had other ideas. He was in kind of a foul mood when we got there and a little overwhelmed, I think. After some fussing he recovered and ended up having a lot of fun. Mason & his cousin Gianni were sledding and kept inviting James to try it. He never did but he did inspect the dog kennel with them and pull his sister around for a bit in an adorable baby sled they had. (I forgot to borrow that, Jolee, but it's okay because we have no snow left!) ;) When we finally got to go inside he was very happy. Apparently he remembered this vacuum Mason had and was just dying to see it. haha.

The boys played, Ruby chewed on stuff and Jolee and I got to sit down and chat for a while. It was a lovely afternoon but it left me just wishing her & I lived closer. We barely scratched the surface, you know?
James was pretty pooped when we left but didn't fall asleep on the way home. By that evening he had had enough and a small miracle occurred. Up until this point of our stay, he had been sleeping in my moms' room with her. But this evening he told my mom he didn't like her and wouldn't listen to her (sassy!) and was going up to bed. Um, okay. (like we'd argue) We couldn't quite believe when he went up to my room, crawled in bed and promptly fell asleep at about 7pm. Ruby went down at the same time and it was so nice to have some quiet time alone with my mom. HAHAHAHAHAHA - what she really wanted was for me to leave her alone so she could read in peace. But I just wanted to be close to her and told her she could pull these moments out later, when she's missing me, like a delicious little chocolate. AHAHAHAHAAHA.

While it is nice to have time with my mom, I was really just waiting for my friend Jason to call. I was soooo tired it was hard to imagine leaving the house but I hadn't seen him in over a year. He FINALLY came to get me at 9:30, that's pm folks, in his new SAAB with heated seats and sweet rims. (ha!) He had his new girlfriend, Amy, with and we all went to one of my favorite places, Sir Benedict's Tavern.

Jason & I have been friends for almost 22 years. Oh my gosh, that is crazy. It also makes him my oldest friend that I still keep in touch with. I always love to see him and this night was no exception. Amy is a very funny girl and we all had a good time. I didn't really get to talk to him as much as I would have liked but there's always next time. He dropped me off at about 11:45pm, just in time for Ruby to wake up. What happened next is really a Saturday story.

Comments

Popular Posts