the nap trap and other crap


hahahaha. I am in a rhyming mood today. My other favorite was an ode to pecans I made up at snack time:


I love your color and the way that you crunch

I am happy to have you here in my lunch


Anyways, the nap trap: I fell in today, and I can't get out. Ruby got up at 11:00 and by the time I got her dressed & ready it was time for lunch. James was practically begging for a nap after they ate so I scrapped our plans for an outing and put him down. He screamed for about 30 seconds and fell asleep. Ruby & I had a nice hour playing and then she started getting cranky. I went to lay her down and she, who goes down easily almost every time, started screaming and having a big fit. I let her go for about 5 minutes and then went up to rock her. She fell right to sleep and I cuddled her for a while, kissing her little neck and sniffing her head. I was thinking how I should cherish these moments...how I won't be able to do this forever. (I would probably throw up if my mom tried to kiss my neck now. HAHAHAHA) This lasted about 5 minutes and then all I could think was, "I want a turkey sandwich, I want a turkey sandwich." I am so sentimental, aren't I? So I laid her down and made my sandwich. I brought it down here to check my email while I ate and guess what? James woke up. He is sitting beside me now, reading and waiting for Ruby to wake up. So we can get out.

Comments

  1. I love the rhyming! I often do that too when speaking with my son. I understand where you are coming from on the naps though. It is like the two of them conspire against you on purpose to ensure that you a) don't get things done that you would really like to or b) let you have a moment of peace to sit and relax for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nap thing has been one of the hardest parts about going from 1 to 2. You understand! :) Thanks for stopping by, Allie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing picture! I hear you on the nap consipiracy. And I only have one! But, she tends to foil the best laid plans with an unexpectedly long or early nap and when naps are such a struggle, I don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Stephanie, can you send me an email so I can get your email address? I am not sure if I still have one for you . . .

    mamamilkers at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts