this is what I think


Like I said yesterday, that little rock star Linda, at Ribbon Rock Star, awarded me with a Thinking Blogger Award. I just thought that was the nicest thing. Now I get to share the love!


This is the (kind of) hard part. I don't read very many blogs regularly! One of my favorite things to do is laze around the blog world, reading comments and clicking on profiles and links...that's how I've found my few current favorites. But I don't get to do that very often so my blogroll is kind of short. But the ones I read daily...I love them and they really make me think. So, here goes...


First there's mamamilkers at weezie doo & icey, too! I love her writing style and hearing about her day to day life with her 2 girls. She is funny and down to earth and very honest about being a mother and a woman. She seems real to me and not like she is trying to appear perfect - that makes her very appealing. When someone is real like that, I really want to listen to what they have to say and can learn through their experiences.


Second will have to be Ellen from rudderless and loving it & The Grummy Files. I found these blogs a while ago and was immediately drawn to them. Ellen has lots of wonderful ideas and information about living a greener life but never comes across in a preachy or know-it-all way. This is key for me and I appreciate it so much. I also just love how she talks about her baby girl Sophie. Her posts remind me to slow down and appreciate the perfect little things my kids are doing every day.


Third will be Melissa from Suburban Bliss. This is one of the first blogs I ever read and I remember being taken with it right from the start. She is hilarious and honest. I don't relate to her so much as a mom who is right where I'm at, her kids are older, but I relate to her as a woman who also happens to be a mother. She is in that elite (not elitist, they all seem very approachable) group of original "mommy bloggers" that paved the way for all of us. A recent post about her pared down wardrobe has really got me thinking...


I guess Fourth & Fifth will have to wait a while. I recently added a couple new blogs to my daily reads but I want to learn a little more about them so I can have something real to say. One of them, Oh Amanda, had a wonderful post about all that is going on with Heather and her family. I loved what she had to say and it really made me think. I am looking forward to reading more from Amanda.


This was fun. I love blogs and blogging and am thrilled with the way they've opened up our world.


Here are the rules for my nominees...from the source!


The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, thank you! That is sooooo cool and sweet of you. If I had the energy to do a post about this, I would certainly nominate you-- for all the same reasons you nominated me!

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun & sweet are you?! I think I've been reading your blog since the UBP. My favorite is Ruby's Tuesday!! Thanks for the internet love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts