ruby ruby ruby ruby

A friend recently burned me a copy of this song and I love it! For the obvious reasons but also because it totally takes me back to the 80s. Their sound reminds me of Tears for Fears & a bit of OMD.

This is not news but music is so powerful. I was listening to this in the van today and I recalled so vividly how it felt to be me the summer I was 15. I remember my favorite outfits and how my best friend and I found an abandoned shopping cart and walked down Grand Avenue with it laughing hysterically. I remember the boy I was "in love" with and sneaking out to walk around with him in the middle of the night. He picked a peony for me and was thoughtful enough to shake out all the ants before offering it.

I'm not sure I'll be sleeping much when James & Ruby are teenagers.

Comments

Popular Posts