fun, fun, fun

I have another post in the works but just had to jump in with a quick one about my beautiful morning...

James crawled into bed with us at 7:15. A couple minutes later Patrick got up with him to go have some cereal. I am a morning person & Patrick loves to sleep late so this is the opposite of what normally happens...it sure felt good. I heard Ruby at around 8:00 and was mustering the strength to go in and get her when I heard Patrick doing just that. I drifted back to sleep and woke up around 9:00 to the smell of coffee brewing. I came down to a picked up living room and walked down to the lower level to have 3 faces smile up at me from the blocks on the floor.

What a nice way to start my day. Even better...about a half hour later Ruby went down for her nap and Patrick left with James to go to Dozer Days and Menards. He said they'd be gone for most of the day.

As soon as they left I got out my sewing machine and sewed Ruby a new sheet blanket from a vintage sheet I found at D&S last weekend. The sheet was exactly what I was looking for and I know it was a direct blessing from God. It's an old Cannon Muslin sheet with pale pink, blue, green and yellow stripes. It has that smooth, cool, soft old sheet feel and I hope she will love it. I lost her other favorite blanket on that super windy day a couple weeks ago. It must have just flown out of the van at some point...I never even noticed it leaving, it was just gone.

Anyways, it was an easy project and turned out good. I'll post a picture of it later. My biggest question on sewing...how do you get exactly straight lines? I did go a lot slower than my last project - Patrick teased me about having the pedal to the floor - and it is better but not perfect. I am still a beginner, though, no? I have a couple of books on hold at the library and am anxious for them to come in. If anyone has a recommendation on a good how-to sewing book I'd love to hear it.

It's 11:30 and Ruby is still snoozing. I'm sure she'll be up soon so I am off to take a shower. I think her & I will go on a little outing after lunch. We missed the farmer's market but I'm sure we can find something fun to do.

I feel so relaxed and thankful this morning. xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts