our life: thursday morning edition

Ruby is doing much better on the teething front. She must have had a little cold, too, because now James has it. He has the sniffles and a hacking cough this morning. Nice. He's in good spirits, though, so we plan on escaping the house today. It sounds like it's going to be a gorgeous day. I think a long walk is in order.

Last night our neighbors had their 8 Weimaraner puppies out on the front lawn. OH MY GOSH. They are 5 weeks old and so soft and pretty and playful. James and I had been on a walk and I went in to get Ruby so she could see. She liked them for a minute, then headed for the street. (it's her favorite spot, the street)

My other neighbor was also out with her baby girl who is the same age as Ruby. Michelle & I have been talking more this last week and I'm so happy to be getting to know her. Our girls will most likely grow up together and I'm thankful to have them so close to us. Within our 6 house "group" there are 8 kids under 5 years old. One of the reasons we reconsidered a fence, aside from not finding one we wanted and admitting that river rock was just not feasible, was because we saw how nice it was to open the back door and let James out to play. For now, they all stay in the back pretty well and the 3 of us moms (with backyards butting up) all take turns looking out the back door for random checks or when we hear more than the standard yelling.

Michelle is a teacher at the middle school here and gave me a couple names of girls to call for some babysitting help. That is on my to-do list for the day, now I am accountable to all of you. I am hoping to find one to come over one or two mornings per week and mainly play with James, take him to the park, etc. while Ruby sleeps. We'll see. I did find out that the going rate for regular babysitting is $5/hr for 2 children...much cheaper than I thought. Michelle even offered to have James over to her house to play with her baby Ella while Ruby sleeps. Is she crazy?, I thought, but no. Ella is accustomed to being around lots of other kids at her daycare during the school year and is kind of bored just being home with mom. (I forget what it's like to just have one baby. I can't imagine Ruby not having James. xoxoxo)

Michelle is also a little in awe of James. You know how that is - when you see a child so much older than yours and doing so many neat things like talking and listening? He is normally on his best behavior outside and loves to chat with anyone and everyone that we pass by. "Hi, I'm James. I live over there. Ruby is my baby sister. My Dad is Patrick." and on and on and on. I think he would probably be pretty well behaved for her, he likes to save the rough stuff for me.

Man, I'm chatty today. If you made it this far, thank you. I'm done. (for now.)

Comments

  1. i love you , mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck finding a sitter. That's something I've been meaning to do and just haven't--for like, ever.

    The way you describe James, sounds like my daughter, Miss Congeniality out and about. She introduces us too, cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know...we've needed a sitter for about 3 years now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts