so sleepy

Kate came over last night so Patrick & I could go to the 9:45 showing of Oceans 13. 9:45pm. We wanted to put both the kids to bed first and that just seemed like the safest bet...I think we were all pretty tired by the time we got home at just after midnight. Thank you, Kate! I love sitting in a theatre and holding hands with my husband. The movie was pretty good, too. I've enjoyed all the Oceans movies...they are funny & beautifully shot. A great summer movie, I think.


I dragged myself out of bed at 7am and didn't feel fully awake until we got to Susan's house sometime after 11:00. I wanted to try a "shortcut" today and wound up getting lost and driving all over the countryside for just under an hour. It was okay, though, miss Ruby napped and James just chatted with me about all the animals we passed.


It was a gorgeous day and the kids had a ton of fun playing in the backyard. I totally covet this backyard...great fence, deck and a beautiful shade tree. Really lovely. Here are a few pictures of the kidlets playing, some more are over on flickr.







I feel like this post is DULL. Do you know why? Because I am sooooo sleepy. I just want to go upstairs with a freshly baked banana chocolate chunk muffin and read for about 5 minutes until I drift off to sleep. Bliss.


Just a side note: I am rarely in our bedroom during the day. We keep the window open almost all the time and the door closed so it always is slightly warmer than the rest of the house and smells really fresh. Every time I go in to grab clothes or whatever I just wish I could lay down on our bed and take a nap. Oh, I loved that while I was pregnant with Ruby. James still took long naps every afternoon and it was so wonderful. Anyways, my point is that I long for our room all day so finally going in there at night is always a treat. Sweet dreams.

Comments

  1. A movie date sounds fun. My hubby and I haven't done that in years. I can't even remember the last movie we saw alone, just the 2 of us. I would be draggin the next day too. These little ones wear us out! :) Looks like a fun afternoon with friends.

    BTW, the video of your little guy was cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure to watch your little angels when they're sleeping, of course. LOL!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts