Tuesday, July 17, 2007

breakfast of champions


(Taken about 20 minutes ago.)
Those liars weather reporters are saying rain today, rain today! So much rain you had better watch out! An inch of rain! We'll see. I won't be holding my breath like yesterday, that's for sure.

We are off to Kate's this morning and I'm looking forward to it. They were out of town 2 weekends in a row and the week in between was a busy one so we haven't seen them for a while. James has been telling me all morning how he doesn't want Natalie to put the big ball on the train table and maybe, please?, could Kate put the big ball away? He also only wants Jasper to play at the table with him and wants to lock the gate to the downstairs to make sure of this. And also, he loves Natalie and Kate and Jasper. And he will play kitty, but only for a while. I never would have guessed that playgroup required this much mental prep time for him.

I've been up since 5:00. I made muffins, de-boned chicken breasts and de-skinned chicken drumsticks (ick!), made Patrick's lunch, fed the kids (you can see how involved this was), packed their lunch, ate breakfast, put dishes away, took a shower, emptied the trash and now I'm ready for a nap. Too bad it's 8:42am. Coffee, here I come!

4 comments:

  1. You are a superwoman!! how do you get up at 5? And how do you get so much done?
    I am constantly amazed at your abilities!!! It is something for me to work towards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Jules...I am not superwoman, I just like to be up early (alone). :)

    I can't wait to see you!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. at first i thought the thing she was holding was a sucker.......sigh
    i almost had to call you to tell you to make her a decent breakfast ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......how would you manage without me????hey, should i bring my flip flops to annies? just for old times?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100% homemade JUICE POPS, Mother.

    NO FLIP FLOPS.

    (her & I can wear ours but you can't wear yours.)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...