Saturday, July 14, 2007

fresh


Ruby digging into the berries at the farmer's market this morning.

We are having a pretty good weekend so far. Lovely weather, good food, and the quadruple nap.

I've been feeling bad about eating conventional meat for a while now and I finally decided to buy all organic this week. I spent about $30 on meat for 5 meals...not bad, really. (in case you're curious I got 2.5lbs bone in chicken breasts, 1 lb Italian sausage, 2 lbs ground chuck, and 1 lb. ground turkey) We are going to have a big salad the other night and usually end up eating out once. Whole Foods is not convenient for me to visit every week but we'll see how much better I feel about feeding my family. I could definitely plan and visit there every other week. (I do anyways, really.) It's silly but I have really felt a little pang of guilt every time I serve regular old hamburger or something. sigh. Our grocery bill already seems high but maybe I can cut back in other areas to make a little more room for this.

More about our groceries than you wanted to know, right? I have that pleasant sleepy feeling...it's 8:49 and Patrick & I have plans to watch a movie soon. Just curling up and closing my eyes sounds sooooo good, too, though. xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I have found Whole Foods to be the most expensive place to buy just about anything organic-- you might try looking at other naturally minded markets or TJs for organic meats, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...I will try TJs and maybe the co op. :) Whole Foods does have good sales sometimes but they are pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoyed fresh from the farm raspberries this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...