I've been wanting to make a list of projects so I can remember them and also to show where my inspiration is coming from. Nearly every day I am inspired by something online. I started searching a while back for some new blogs to add to my daily reads and boy, did I find some good ones. This blog world is amazing in this respect, as well as many others. How else could I find 50 other women with interests like mine? Or 50 other women that I want to invite into my daily life by reading about the little details of theirs? I am just crazy about it all.
Without further ado, a bulleted list:
- Pillowcase Purse, ala Martha Stewart. This purse was making the rounds of the blog world earlier this summer and I still see it popping up from time to time. It seems to be the No Knead Bread of last winter. (which I am still going to try!)
- Pillowcase Dress, ala Martha Stewart Baby, years ago. My blogging friend Darcy recently made a nightgown version for her darling Elle. I can't wait to try this for Ruby - I have the perfect case.
- A glass bead necklace, inspired by these. I found a bunch of glass beads on clearance at JoAnn's recently, just need to set aside the time. You can find the artist's blog here. (I really love her writing & photography. Her kid is pretty cute, too.)
- Of course, I still have to finish James' tent t shirt. I also want to get started on some Christmas gifts I have in mind.
- I've been wanting to make a few headbands for Ruby & I with some wonderful old fabric I have. I heard there is a great pattern in bend-the-rules sewing so I am waiting for it to come in at the Library. You can see some pictures of some of the book's projects here.
Miss Balubles is awake so I must sign off. I will probably add to this later.