our life in list form



  • I really like Kelsey, our babysitter. She came on Wednesday again and she is great with the kids. James LOVES her and requested that she come up and wipe his bum instead of me. Trust me, I would be happy to pass the torch but I don't feel she's quite ready for that.

  • I taught James Go Fish the other day and he got the general idea pretty quickly. We played a couple turns back and forth until he looked up at me very seriously and said, This is not a fun game, Mom. Okay, then.

  • He can write a lot of the letters from memory. Just a while ago he would like me to write whatever down and he would copy it. Now he can just write them. I love how they look...they remind me of little zombies with long arms and crazy legs.

  • James had another huge fit when we had to leave Heidi's yesterday. He was kicking and hitting me while I was buckling him in. sigh. I would never want to give into him when he's acting like that but sometimes I understand why he's so upset and it makes me feel a little sad for him. (after I am over being mad about him attacking me, of course.)

  • Ruby came over to me the other day and smacked her little lips together. She wanted a kiss. Awwwwwwww. She is also saying cookie, truck, mama and a few other things. She took 2 naps on Wednesday but was back to one yesterday. I think we are going out this morning (it's gorgeous) so hopefully she will do one today, as well.

  • Tonight we're going to meet Patrick for a picnic dinner. I love doing this...it's a really nice way to end the day, and start the weekend! TGIF!

Comments

  1. Glad having the sitter is going well and that James really likes her. Cute pic of Ruby--I'm sure your heart swells when she smacks her lips for a kiss...too sweet!
    Enjoy your day and your picnic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts