Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Thank you, God, he's fine

I don't have the energy right now to write out the whole ordeal. James had his first taste of peanut butter last night, without permission of course, and had an anaphylactic reaction - his first in the 3 years we've known he was allergic. It was absolutely terrifying. We gave him the epi, called 911, and the ambulance came. His epi-pen worked within about 2 minutes...maybe even 1. Thank God for those things. Thank God that James is okay this morning, sitting up on the couch watching Blues Clues.

I hope to have some more time later. xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Holy moley!!!! That must have been terrifying. Working with kids, I was always 'trained' to administer the Epipen but never had to (thank god). I'm so glad they work- and so glad he's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad he is alright! WOW, that must have been scary.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds incredibly scary. Wow. I am so glad little James is okay. Many hugs to you both!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Steph,
    How terrifying!!!!! I am thankful that James is OK now, but I cannot imagine the terror of that night!!! Thank goodness you had the Epipen!! And knew how to use it! I will be praying for you guys!! (And Patrick's back too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sooo sorry to hear about your scary experience!! I'm so glad the epi-pen worked quickly and that James is okay now. How are you doing? Has your heart rate returned to normal yet? What a night!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you guys. I feel drained, but fine. I'm going to try to write it out now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very thankful too, honey, that he is fine, of course, but also for you and Patrick, who have done such a wonderful job of protecting him all this time.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that your guy is OK! I know that must have been terrifying!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...