stephanie-wan kenobi

I was feeling really good about my mei tai straps. I stitched fleece into the top part of them today and was so happy with how it turned out. It looked kind of real...like actual sewing! Here's a sneak peak at the straps and body fabric:

Of course, I had to try it on, even though the shoulder straps are the only thing attached right now. This is kind of how I look, minus the beard and leather belt.

The padding on the shoulders makes them stick out instead of lay flat. Maybe with the 18.8 pounds of baby (for those who are curious about her weight) in there they will look better.

May the force be with me.

Comments

  1. Good luck! I'm impressed with your undertaking- and can't wait for the pictures. The only thing Sophie would do for a back carry was the backpack- no sling, no nothing. I have a Sutemi carrier which I still love, which makes me look like Obi-Wan, too. If only Ewan McGregor came with the package . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many talents do you have?! You rock!! I am terrified to start trying some embroidery. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your straps are that wide you likely won't need padding as they are pretty comfy with the weight spread out like that. If you made them more narrow, however, the padding would be great!

    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts