garbage is fun

Today is free junk pick up in our little village. You can pile almost anything out on the curb and they'll pick it up for free. They have this twice a year and while I'm sure the cost is worked into our garbage bill, it sure is nice.

We don't have too much extra garbage but we do have some stuff I've been wanting to get rid of. I've been putting things out for the last couple days and most of it has been hauled away already, which is what I was hoping for. (little tikes picnic table & desk that they NEVER used, stuff like that.) I did a little cruising myself yesterday afternoon and it was kind of fun...there were lots of people out driving with their trunks open and James just thought that was hilarious.

I went out last night to run to the library and couldn't resist another pass through the older part of town. I hit a small jackpot right as the light was fading. I got an old jar, a Shawnee pot that is adorable, and another old crock for a plant. I'll take pictures of them later. This same house had 2 boxes of old Christmas lights that I will probably sell on Ebay. Down the block I got two large urn style planters...they are the plastic ones that look like cement. I like them and those things are not cheap so it made me really happy.

I also somehow managed to get a HUGE television set in the back of the van by myself. Patrick just shook his head when I came in and showed him the remote. Sadly, it didn't work. I thought it was worth a shot...they had the remote sitting on it and the new flatscreen box next to it so I thought maybe they just upgraded?! Oh well.

I am considering making some coffee and heading out again before Patrick goes to work. He was giving me a foot rub (one of my favorite things about this chilly weather...evening foot rubs) last night and asked me if I was planning on it. It hadn't even crossed my mind but really, what a good idea. :)

Comments

  1. ohmygosh........i would have LOVED that! did you get anything for your sweet mama-mowanza? kiss those perfect little grandchildren......xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygosh........i would have LOVED that! did you get anything for your sweet mama-mowanza? kiss those perfect little grandchildren......xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just had a week of Fall Clean Up, where you can put anything at the curb to be picked up by the city. We had nothing interesting to pilfer through except tree limbs. You hit the jackpot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts