6 guilty pleasures

  1. I hate it if I miss a week of US magazine. My subscription ran out so I have to rely on B&N to get my fix. If I miss going there, sometimes I'll buy it, but not often.
  2. I love reality tv, just like Ellen who tagged me for this. I've watched for years and seen so many different ones. Here's a list (I haven't watched all of these regularly but have seen at least one episode): Real World, Road Rules, RW/RR Challenge, The Hills, Laguna Beach, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Top Chef, Project Runway, Chains of Love (did anyone else ever see this? so hilarious), Paradise Hotel, Temptation Island, Survivor, Amazing Race, Scott Baio is Really Old, The Osbornes, Nick & Jessica, 1900 House, The Simple Life, The Surreal Life, Bands on the Run (anyone else? we LOVED this), Big Brother, Making the Band, the Biggest Loser, Rock of Love, Top Design, SuperNanny, Queer Eye, What Not to Wear, Sell this House, Trading Spaces, all those design ones, Pimp My Ride, Joe Millionaire, Britney &Kevin, America's Next Top Model, True Life, Sorority Life, American Chopper, The Restaurant, Miami Ink, 8th and Ocean, The REal Housewives of Orange County, Cops, Clean House, Ashlee Simpson, Rich Girls, Gastineau Girls, Growing Up Gottie, Filthy Rich - Cattle Drive, Meet the Barkers, Being Bobby Brown, Work Out, The Parker, The Girls Next Door. OKAY. Once I started, I couldn't stop. (I used Wikipedia for help) Do you see why this is a guilty pleasure? This has been over the last 10 years or so, but STILL. Egad. I am down to one at a time now. Project Runway/Top Chef, normally. I will occasionally watch a different one if I come across it but my tv time is sooooo drastically reduced now. That's a good thing, looking at this list.
  3. Sometimes I keep library books over the due date, on purpose. My library only charges a nickel a day! If I really want to read the book, and it will only cost me .35, I keep it. I do feel guilty, though, because someone else is waiting for it.
  4. I like reading blogs a little too much.
  5. I do this thing in my head, especially when I'm driving, where I will be thinking to myself about whatever and then I will take a word from the thought I just had, say TRANQUILIZER, and find the middle letter of that word. Well, TRANQUILIZER has an even amount of letters so I would divide it in half and take the middle two letters from each half, AN and IZ, and see if I can make a word from them. Last I heard Izan wasn't a word yet so I move on. I'm not sure why I do this but I do. I have lots of variations, depending on the length of the word, and sometimes it's really difficult. (for difficult, the middle letter is I...kind of uninspiring...so continue on with the middle letters on either side of the I, IF and UL and come up with filiu, another non-word. It's fun (for me) to find a word within a word. I accept the fact that I probably just lost most of you as readers forever. (this would probably be a better fit under the "why I'm a nutter" meme, eh?) (I just realized that I probably shared this in order to make you forget about all the reality TV that I have watched. I'm not sure, but probably.)
  6. I love to put on some leg warmers and flash dance my way through the housework.
(that was TOTALLY to make you forget about the reality tv) (and totally false)

I'm going to tag Holly and Darcy. :) Have fun, girls.

Comments

  1. That's one long list of reality tv! I'm guilty of watching at least one episode of several of them too though. :)

    You totally lost me with the word thing you do. That's too much thinking for me!

    Thanks for the tag. I'll be thinking of my 6 things while I paint tonight. Speaking of that, I better go get to work!

    BTW, the scarf for James is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Darcy. I can't wait to see your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our library lets you be 30 days late, with no charge. Who knew? I love the library- thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tag. I'll reveal my guilty pleasures soon. What if I have more than 6? Hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Temptation Island (at least the first season, was there more than one season?) was my absolute favorite. It was sooooo bad and soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts