ah, it's good to be back




I'm not sure I know how to do this anymore. After blogging every day for the whole month, it feels especially odd after 4 days away. Ah well, I guess I'm okay with being a quitter. We had a very good weekend.

I don't have my thoughts organized at all (what is new, right?) but did want to pop in and say hello. I made myself a list of what I need to get done every week between now and Christmas. I think it's do-able, as of right now. I got my calendars & cards ordered last night so that feels really good.

My house is trashed but I decided to go to playgroup today anyways. It was a nice time and now I can face the next few busy days before my sister arrives on Thursday and brother & dad on Friday. (with their significant others) I am soooo excited to see everyone.

My mom left yesterday after a wonderful weekend. We cooked, shopped, relaxed, ate, Patrick and I had a date...lots of fun. I started my flannel shower curtain but my darn buttonholer isn't working so I haven't been able to finish it. I think I'm going to get a grommet tool and go that route. Maybe I'll post pics of my faulty button holes later to see if any of you smarties can help me.

Supa tagged me for a fun meme, very similar to the one Ellen tagged me for a short while ago. But, I love me some memes so here are 5 facts about me, some random and some odd:
  1. I always wear rubber gloves when I do the dishes. I don't wear them to clean the bathroom, but always do for the dishes.
  2. I had one of my favorite dreams when James was a newborn. I dreamt that I was in Lake Superior, over my head, and the cold, dark blue water was just washing over me. It was so calming and relaxing and quiet. I felt kind of guilty when I woke up, like do I wish I was dead?, but returned to it over and over when I needed help falling asleep.
  3. I still have one scrunchie. It's a brown fabric one and I STILL WEAR IT. Not out of the house, but around here? Oh yeah. It's comfy!
  4. Knowing what we are having for dinner, and having the ingredients on hand, makes me ridiculously happy. It totally lightens my mood for the day.
  5. The first words I ever said to Patrick were, "Do you like my earrings? They're real gold." (I was 15)
Here are the meme rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Don’t break the chain!

I tag Amanda , JEK, Liz, Carol, and Steph. I tagged mostly people that I don't "know" very well but read their blogs all the time. :)

Okay, time to go cut out some scarf parts. xoxo

p.s. Patrick took the picture 3 years ago this month, in Paris.

Comments

  1. Love that pic--gorgeous! I feel relief too knowing that supper is somewhat planned out, like before 4:30. Isn't it funny that scrunchies were the rage and now they are scorned--it's not like we didn't ALL have them. And some even sparkled. Gag. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts