ah, it's good to be back
I'm not sure I know how to do this anymore. After blogging every day for the whole month, it feels especially odd after 4 days away. Ah well, I guess I'm okay with being a quitter. We had a very good weekend.
I don't have my thoughts organized at all (what is new, right?) but did want to pop in and say hello. I made myself a list of what I need to get done every week between now and Christmas. I think it's do-able, as of right now. I got my calendars & cards ordered last night so that feels really good.
My house is trashed but I decided to go to playgroup today anyways. It was a nice time and now I can face the next few busy days before my sister arrives on Thursday and brother & dad on Friday. (with their significant others) I am soooo excited to see everyone.
My mom left yesterday after a wonderful weekend. We cooked, shopped, relaxed, ate, Patrick and I had a date...lots of fun. I started my flannel shower curtain but my darn buttonholer isn't working so I haven't been able to finish it. I think I'm going to get a grommet tool and go that route. Maybe I'll post pics of my faulty button holes later to see if any of you smarties can help me.
Supa tagged me for a fun meme, very similar to the one Ellen tagged me for a short while ago. But, I love me some memes so here are 5 facts about me, some random and some odd:
- I always wear rubber gloves when I do the dishes. I don't wear them to clean the bathroom, but always do for the dishes.
- I had one of my favorite dreams when James was a newborn. I dreamt that I was in Lake Superior, over my head, and the cold, dark blue water was just washing over me. It was so calming and relaxing and quiet. I felt kind of guilty when I woke up, like do I wish I was dead?, but returned to it over and over when I needed help falling asleep.
- I still have one scrunchie. It's a brown fabric one and I STILL WEAR IT. Not out of the house, but around here? Oh yeah. It's comfy!
- Knowing what we are having for dinner, and having the ingredients on hand, makes me ridiculously happy. It totally lightens my mood for the day.
- The first words I ever said to Patrick were, "Do you like my earrings? They're real gold." (I was 15)
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Don’t break the chain!
I tag Amanda , JEK, Liz, Carol, and Steph. I tagged mostly people that I don't "know" very well but read their blogs all the time. :)
Okay, time to go cut out some scarf parts. xoxo
p.s. Patrick took the picture 3 years ago this month, in Paris.