an offer I couldn't refuse

J: Mom, will you carry the wooden blocks up to my room? I promise I won't throw them at my door again.

**********************

Yesterday after church we went for a little hike on a disc golf course. It was so beautiful. For part of it (it's also a cross country ski trail) you are under a canopy of White Pine trees. It smelled so good and was so quiet. James started collecting stuff right away and was thrilled with his finds. As we were walking out he said, "This is a dream come true, finding all this great stuff in the forest." haha. He also said it smelled "terrific" in there.

**********************

Our church built a new church and yesterday was our first Sunday there. It is beautiful, kind of amazing, really. Ruby didn't like being dropped off in a totally new place but they never called us so we knew she was okay. When we went to pick her up she was just waking up. She fell asleep on the shoulder of a young girl almost right away and this girl held her the whole time. How sweet.

***********************

Our friends came over today and it was really fun. I hadn't had everyone over for a while and it was so good to just hang out and catch up a little. There were 3 little ones here today and one who is still inside but was due last Friday. Her mom says he/she is done now and it's time to come out. I hope it's soon, Heidi!

Ruby loved the real babies today and was surprisingly gentle and kind to them. I think she's kind of mean lately but she really was so sweet today. Maybe she will just be mean to us and sweet to everyone else? That would be nice. She isn't always mean but she sure is quick with a pinch or a nip these days. She will also say "bad" and then hit you. She is right on time for the testing business to start, and continue for the next 16.5 years, but I wish it wasn't so physical. James outgrew this so I am assuming that she will.

(did anyone else see the Happy Days where Richie, or was it the Fonz?, was in the Army and learned that when you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME ? hahaha, that's stayed with me for the past 25 years.)

**************************

I got some new curtains and I think they're going to stay. (click the picture to see detail)


I started a new embroidery project and I think it's got to go.(does this look like a special limited edition holiday Kotex to anyone else? It is supposed to look like a vintage cookie cutter with a red wooden handle. I think I'll stick to patterns.)

Comments

  1. Well, I am not sure I would have come to the Kotex conclusion on my own, but now that you mention it...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Steph, I probably wouldn't have gone there, but then you led me that way! Haaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid the dish towel must go.
    But the curtains are WONDERFUL.

    We cannot say the word 'assume' in this house without someone explaining the u and me part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My youngest is much more aggressive at home than anywhere else. My oldest was easy peasy as a little one. All we had to do was say don't hit or don't bite and he stopped. With the youngest he would stop that time but the next time was a whole new ball game. He gets better as he gets older. But he can still be downright mean with his brother. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The curtains look great with that cozy red chaise!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts