saturday

I am freaking out a little bit because I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is in less than 2 weeks. And Christmas? Right behind that. Oh, man. I've got lots to do! I am intent on enjoying these next weeks and only committing to things that I really want to. And sometimes, even if I really want to, I'm going to say no. There's just not enough time to do it all and I really want to stay true to my priorities this year.

This afternoon James & Ruby were napping at the same time. Patrick made me lay down with him and I complained, "I should be sewing." He lovingly told me to shut up so I did and we had a very nice family nap hour. He is my personal reminder to slow down sometimes. I like that.
(I wonder how long this approach will last? I'll check in with you mid-December.)

My mom is coming Thanksgiving weekend and I am really looking forward to it. We have plans to shop the day after and for Patrick and I to go to a movie sometime. Fun! I also want to deck our halls while she's here because she never gets to see all of our cute Christmas stuff. The next weekend my brother & Erin, my sister & her boyfriend and my Dad (and maybe Mari) are all coming for a visit. Then we'll be in Duluth for Christmas and off to Arizona in January. I'm so happy about all the family time in the next couple months.

I need to make a list of things I'd like to post about. Um, maybe just these 2 things: good gift ideas & what I want to make. Those will be my posting goals for this week. :)

Here are a few scenes from our day:

James lives for this.
Hiding from me.

I thought she looked cute this afternoon.

I finished my first Christmas embroidery project today!
Have a good night!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts