they have a special bond

I was gone from 9am to 9pm on Saturday. It was a wonderful day. I was limping when I got home but that's a small price to pay for 12 hours to do whatever I wanted. (thanks Bunny!) James waited up for me so after I changed into my jammies we all went up to his room to catch up. I asked about their day and he gave me a quick run down. Because I am a mom, and we love this kind of thing, right?, I asked him if he wiped his own butt this day. "No", he said, "Daddy did. Daddy wipes my butt every Saturday." Ah, what a lovely arrangement.

Cut to yesterday.

J: Mo-om, I'm do-one!
S: wipe your own butt, James.
J: But I don't like wiping my butt!
S: Guess what? I don't either.
J: Daddy loves to wipe my butt.
S: So sit there until daddy gets home.

(he wipes, I call Patrick, we laugh)

p.s. Don't ever google poop images. I'm not sure what I was thinking but I am a little sick now.

Comments

  1. I can't imagine 12 hours away. I might drive to another state- such an obscene amount of time. I got a hour pieced together this weekend, because I was pretty violently ill, and that felt like heaven. Your husband is grand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts