Friday, December 14, 2007

pretzel turtles are good

First, I found my camera! I had set it down in the oddest place and only found it after a fervent plea for help this morning. (God is good, too.)

I had decided to make some candied pecans for my sister's boyfriend and was searching allrecipes the other day when I ran across this. They looked so good and so easy that I decided to give them a whirl. I toasted my pecans first and would definitely recommend doing so...it makes a huge difference in flavor. 2 bags of Rolos gave me about 8 dozen so I have plenty to share with our neighbors and mailman, too. I made up a few bags of a dozen each and really was wishing I had some baker's twine to tie the little bags with. (I'm definitely ordering some from someone on etsy for next year.)

I ended up using some thin red & green floss that I had and am pretty happy with how they turned out. It feels so good to get something else crossed off my list! And something so yummy!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy good work.
    Can you find K's car keys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy mackerel, that looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on the keys and thanks, Supa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! Wish I was your neighbor! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...