Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
UPDATE 9:22AM: Um, nope. Haven't heard from any of them. Tomorrow might be awkward. :)
- Patrick and I have been staying up way too late watching Prison Break. (please note: watching Prison Break with spouse will result in many conjugal visit jokes)
- We had playgroup here today and it was lots of fun but I am pooped.
- James & Ruby both did well at church on Sunday. James had a hard time until the teacher's husband stepped in and told him about his tarantula. He (James) told me later that besides tarantulas he also learned that God is Jesus' father and that he's really nice. And that we'll all go to see him later in Heaven. But can he learn more about tarantulas next time?
- Ruby was up THREE times last night. That is 2x too many, if you ask me. Maybe it's finally a tooth. Or maybe she picked up a deadly virus on that gym floor yesterday.
- We signed James up for preschool on Sunday. He loved it and we loved it and we're very happy.
- Did I mention I'm tired? Off to rest a little while.....
Monday, January 29, 2007
*I should mention Patrick also said the sweetest words to me yesterday..."How about we make Sunday morning cleaning morning?" I love this man. (I also love church on Sunday afternoon but more about that later.)
eta: I know I have poor sentence structure sometimes but that's too bad I am usually in a hurry and just want to get something down while I am here by myself. K? :)
Friday, January 26, 2007
It matches her! We didn't plan that, honest. :) James will get his in about 6 weeks, hopefully it will bring him through a few more years. We've decided to keep him in a 5 point harness for as long as possible...in part because of this video. It's very sad but very powerful. We could have got him a Marathon, like Ruby's, but I'm worried he'll get too tall and the Regent goes a few inches taller.
I ordered them both through www.target.com . They have 10% off baby items over $75 and I found another code online to get an additional 10% off - we got the seats, shipped, for $240 each. That's a really good price. Anyways, I'm happy.
ETA: I shouldn't mention that video so casually. I'm sorry. The parents of a 3 year old boy pieced together that video about their sons' death in an accident. I had it forwarded to me quite a while ago and it's been on my mind ever since. They took Kyle's death and used it to teach so many people about car seat safety. Think of all the deaths they may have prevented. I can't imagine their sorrow and feel so thankful that they shared their story with me...
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
At around 9:30 Ruby was ready for a nap. James was prowling around the house looking for trouble so I decided we should go out and play. I made these snow (and sand) scoops that some other kid had at a playground last summer and out we went.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
I'm sure they were embarassed but come on! That would be one tantrum I would be thankful for.
But I'm also wondering...why didn't they just physically put the child in her seat?? I have my own 3 year old so I know what they are capable of...but there were 2 of them. Interesting.
Because I wrote this post, this will happen to me on our next plane trip.
Monday, January 22, 2007
Here are their cars:
Ray (custom 1940 Ford)
Congrats! Now we can start gearing up for next year...the Italien!
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Isn't this all so thrilling? Probably not to you, but it is to me. I LOVE having stuff organized and that is so much harder to maintain with small children. For me, having the basement organized again will set the tone for the whole house. It's kind of like they say to not store "stuff" under your bed - having that junk under you will interrupt your peaceful slumber. Having all this junk in the basement has really been bothering me for a while. Here's to a fresh start!
(I know you all think I'm nuts but I'm okay with that.) xoxo