guess what? it's friday!

I have my luggage back! Yay! I love my new shoes, the kids like the puzzles & vintage little people I brought them, and I have a ton of laundry to do. Life is good.

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and decided to get out of bed like I used to. The internet wasn't working so my original plan of paying our bills was canceled. Instead I sat down with a bunch of cookbooks, a cup of coffee and a notepad, making my grocery list for this week. Very nice. I am contemplating taking the kids this afternoon but also might just go myself tonight. It's really cold out, I guess.

My SIL just sent me an email saying the hotel we stayed at in Vegas was on fire, and not in a good way. (not funny but the way she put it made me giggle)

I also got a $150.00 fee waived from US Cellular last night and all it took was lots of patience and 45 minutes. I think that's worth it.

I should take a moment to record how fabulous Patrick & the kids were while I was gone. He never once complained to me on the phone or tried to make me feel one bit guilty about going away. I heard they spent their time playing hide & seek (Ruby is covering her eyes and counting 1-2-3 alot) and building super forts.

I came home to a clean house, half of a clean basement (they even washed the floors down there), no laundry or dishes...he worked hard. I tried to get him to admit it's exhausting but all he would say is that 2 is a lot harder than 1. heehee. He did say I can do it again. I want to get away every year...either by myself (with family, just no kids) or just him & I (this summer, mom & dad?).

It felt so good to just be me for 4 days. Of course I am always a mother and all of that but to not have to think of anyone else was so refreshing. I loved it! I felt like so much like my old self....in a way that I just can't seem to get to when I know I am going home at the end of the day. It's hard to explain. Do you know what I mean?

I could go on but miss bubles is stirring and I still have to take a shower. Have a good weekend! xo

Comments

Popular Posts