so. good.


I read The Birth House by Ami Mckay last weekend and was so sad to when it ended. I loved this book. I don't typically enjoy stories set in this era (the early 1900s) but a staff review card at Barnes & Noble made me put in on my library hold list. I think it was my favorite book for the whole year.

There was a little bit of everything in this book...humor, love, sadness, friendship, and best of all, lots of babies.

I am at a place in my life where I am surrounded by little ones and I never imagined loving it so much. Giving birth is an amazing experience and I just love how this book rejoices in that. I also loved how all the female characters related to one another and how the good Doctor thought his stressed out patients should be treated. (har har)

While I normally write a thrilling book review, I am pretty tired right now. I hope reading this doesn't stop you from reading the book.

Comments

  1. thanks for this! i've just added it to my library hold list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me to add it to my library hold list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys will have to let me know what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts