Wednesday, February 27, 2008

playing some ribbons


playing some ribbons, originally uploaded by stephaniekg.

J: Mom, will you get my guitar down? I want to play some ribbons.
S: ribbons?
J: Yeah, on my guitar.
S: OH! You mean chords. You want to play some chords.
J: yeah. cords.

*****************************

J: Mom, when are you going to be in the mood to poop out another baby?
S: Uh, first of all, babies don't get pooped out. They get pushed out. Kinda the same thing, I guess. But anyways...I might not ever be in the mood to poop out another baby.
J: No more babies?!
S: Maybe not. Wouldn't it be fun if it was just you & Ruby and me & daddy?
J: Yeah, but another baby would be fun, too. Then there would be three children in our family.
S: sigh. Have you been talking to grandma?
J: huh?

********************

J: Dear God, please help Ruby feel better. Thank you. Amen.

(his first spontaneous prayer, in the middle of the night one night last week when a sick little Ruby joined the 3 of us in bed. My heart almost burst open.)

4 comments:

  1. What a big wonderful young man you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just precious. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy reading the cute little things that your kids say! So sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...