Wednesday, February 06, 2008

oh the weather outside is frightful





but my kids are so delightful
there's really no place to go
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

it doesn't show signs of stopping
and I've got some pills for popping
the tv is turned way down low
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

when they finally start to fight
how I'll hate going out in the storm
but if I really bundle up tight
all the way to the car I'll be warm

my joy is slowly dying
and my patience they are trying
but I cannot really go
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow


*******************************************************

Okay, I sat down to post about all my plans for the day but the title I chose sent me in a whole different direction. heehee. We are snowed in today but I'm feeling pretty good. I've got lots on our agenda and I think we'll be just fine. Ideas for our day: painting, outside at some point (when it's not blowing so strong), maybe the library (can drive, only a few blocks), make oatmeal cherry cookies, tie up little clothesline for kids to play with downstairs while I do laundry, long, very long, bathtime, lots of books, long naps (drug induced if necessary), and that's all I've got for now. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hillarious!

    At least your getting some snow with your cold weather. It's not looking too pretty around here since we haven't had much snow since December. I'm hoping for a little just to brighten it up around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like your version and i LOVE that picture of James in the snow. He looks determined!

    I just can't wrap my mind around so much snow--I'm not sure I could deal.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...