milk free, egg free applesauce muffins


I wanted to share this easy & delicious recipe for milk & egg free applesauce muffins. The original recipe called for 1/3C shortening but I recently tried substituting the same amount of vegetable oil and I like them even better. They are really light, almost like a cupcake.

1 C. sugar (I have used less and they are still yummy...esp. if you use sweetened applesauce)
1/3 C vegetable oil
1 1/3 C applesauce (I always use unsweetened)
2 C flour (I use white whole wheat flour here and they still come out light in flavor and texture)
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1/4t each: nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger
3/4 C raisins (any dried fruit will work, or omit)

Preheat oven to 375. Grease or line 18 muffin cups. Beat sugar, oil & applesauce until smooth. (by hand, mixer or food processor...anything will do.) Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to the wet ones, stir together until just combined. Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle tops with cinnamon & sugar if desired. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Enjoy.

p.s. This is my new favorite plate that I found recently at D&S. Isn't it so summery and lovely? yay!

Comments

  1. I make these muffins and they are GREAT!!! Two things, you can just put all the stuff in the bowl (without the missing of the wet and dry, when Elijah and I make them we just do the wet first and then add all the dry to it) and second we add sugar to the top of them if we want them to be extra special.

    I did not know that you could do with oil instead of shorting, I will have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn those muffins look good! And they're suitable for those with allergies--double happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the recipe. It was a life saver, I had to do a snack for my sons class that started with the letter M. There are allergies in his class. The muffins were great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts