i love when it all turns around


I started my day out by sleeping until nearly 8:00 again. This leaves me feeling behind and slightly disoriented from the moment I get out of bed. (It's Patrick's fault because he crawled back in to cuddle after his shower. so there.) Then we had told Kate we'd come over for playgroup so I had to get us ready but none of us really were ready to get ready so we left late. I was crabby because we'd be late (even though I don't think there's such a thing as "late to playgroup", really, but still) and then even later because I wanted to stop at the store. grumble grumble grumble. The good thing was we were all freshly bathed and had short fingernails. (well, one hand's worth for Rubes)

The people at our little grocery store are so nice and the sun was shining and our drive to Madison is really quite pretty and I started feeling thankful for all of this. And then, better. Thank God. I am such a sour puss sometimes. The worst of it was because this was a week filled with too much fun stuff. I think every day needs to have some fun but we were just so out of our normal routine that I got (even further) behind on things like laundry and picking up and it just feels icky to start the weekend like that. (That's why I usually stay home on Fridays.) But it turned out to be so fun, I'm glad we went. Kate made a delicious lunch and I got to see some friends that I haven't seen for a long time. There were the incidences with James & Natalie pushing each other and Ruby waking up the twins but other than that, it was good.

Ruby was sleeping when we got home so I made James have a short quiet time while I laid on my bed and read a little. Then I rescued him and we went out to do our first yard work of the year. It's gorgeous today and I got 2 of our 3 perrennial gardens (if you can call them that) (I suppose you can) pruned and kind of weeded. There is more work to be done for sure, but I got a good start. I think the one right by the road is going to need the shop vac treatment...it got so full of gravel during the winter.

Once I got the dead stuff cut away it was so cool to see some green! 2 plants are still green from last year (?) and there are new shoots coming up for our other ones.

I gave James his (late) Easter gift and he was pretty happy. He's a pretty good hitter.



We spent about an hour and a half out there and came in a while ago. I have a blister from the raking I did. (must get gloves.) Ruby is just waking up so I should go. Have a good weekend and I'll see you Monday. xoxo

Comments

  1. Just catching up...loving that April Fool's converstaion. Ha ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts