my fingernails are still dirty


he loves this, originally uploaded by stephaniekg.

I can't believe it's almost noon. I went to bed early last night so I woke up at 5:30 this morning. yawn. Somehow the morning is still managing to fly by...almost time for lunch and naps! yay! They have worn me out, these two, with the painting and gluing and markering and painting and gluing...

We had a really good weekend. James got some steel training wheels on his bike but don't worry, mom, he is handling them really well now. Sunday was pretty funny because his seat was too low for him to get any momentum to get going so he sat on the path watching other kids fly by. Patrick said it looked like he was watching them for clues...we were laughing and applauding his perseverance. He's quite a kid.

I finished a strange book this morning. It's called The Locktender's House and got so creepy that until it turned a certain corner, I couldn't read it at night. It's a sad and strange and weird and, did I mention creepy?, story. Unlike anything I've ever read, that's for sure. I kind of liked it but still am not sure I really "get" it. I think so but it's one of those books that I have to mull over for a couple days until I either come to terms with it or just move on. Have any of you read it? What did you think?

Vicki had asked me about my book list last week so I wanted to address that. Every time I go to the bookstore I browse the new fiction and non-fiction sections and take pictures (with my phone) of any covers that look good. I later add those to my hold list. I also browse through the Coming Soon section of bn.com (because a lot of times new books that have been ordered are already in our library's system and can be held) and check the Library's own Don't Miss lists around the first of every month. (It's where they list all the new books just entering the system...it has recently been organized so it's super easy to narrow down your search.) There. My library secrets and further proof that I am a geek.

I might update my list later but basically, I just got a lot of it done. We also managed to have some good fun this weekend and it left us all wishing every weekend could be like this. As Patrick was getting in the car this morning, James yelled after him to make sure he didn't hit a pickle in the road, eat his sandwich so his belly doesn't rumble and to be home by dark.

I need to take some more pictures of outside stuff but there are a lot already on flickr from the weekend. Time to make the hot dogs! xoxo

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tips! I really need to spend more time in actual bookstores, Amazon & bn.com are just too overwhelming for me.

    *runs off to LinkCat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. James looks so good on wheels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts