woo hoo!


I just ordered our tandem rain barrel from rainfordane.org. (part of sustaindane.org) I wanted 2 of them and they offer a tandem barrel for $35 more than a single so that is awesome. My friend Susan got beautiful barrels at a local hardware store (I think...where exactly, Susan?) and I got to see it in person the other day and knew we had to have something soon. They are so cool! I wanted to make ours, and got a free barrel from a local car wash, but just wasn't sure it could be cleaned enough to be safe...so we ordered them and it's DONE. Feels good, can't wait to get them!!

Comments

  1. Yay! I'm happy for you that you ordered them and will be enjoying them soon. I really had no idea how much water they would collect. It's amazing to me how quickly they fill up. Our gardens will be enjoying all that water all summer long. We purchased ours from our local Ace Hardware. They were ugly when we got them but Dan did a great job painting and installing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan. I'm super excited!! Dan did do a great job...they look so nice. I mentioned to Patrick that ours could be painted light grey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm curious, what do you use the collected rain water for? Washing the car, watering the garden/flower beds, etc.? If so, neat, neat-o!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAH! I want rain barrels too! Do you think it counts that last night I put a huge dog food container under the downspout and got a few gallons? Kind of ghetto, but it worked . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mine. I just got in from watering my new tree with the water from it!!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly - yeah, exactly. Ours will be mainly for watering the grass & plants as we never wash our cars. :)

    Heidi - kinda ghetto but kinda genius, too! Wish I would have put something out.

    Zoe - yay! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts