at the house

I had been going back and forth in my head for a few days whether I should have Kelsey come today or not. We are kind of tight with money for the next week and Patrick's going on that dive trip on Saturday that costs a fair amount. But then I thought, I deserve a break! But then I thought, but I don't really feel like I need one this week. But then I remembered the shoes I needed to return and the solo Saturday ahead and also didn't want to cancel with her at the last minute so I just left it alone. I did pray about it, because I pray about most stuff that is on my mind for any length of time, and asked God to let me know how it should go...just to take care of it, please, because I couldn't make up my mind. Kelsey didn't show up this morning. How's that for an answer? I love when stuff like this happens. It might seem like a coincidence to some people, or even silly to pray about something so small, but that's the stuff that makes me feel so loved by Him. He cares about even the smallest details of my life.

I did call Kelsey (to confirm for next week...I'm no fool!) and she called me back a while later saying she had left me a message on Monday and was so sorry I didn't get it...her cousins from California were still in town and the all went to the Dells today. Zoe is laughing right now...I am not the best at checking my answering machine. I am getting better though, and check my caller ID log a lot...I never saw her number on there.

Anyways, the day didn't go as I had planned but I wasn't even the least bit surprised when she wasn't here by 11:10. The house was all cleaned up, the pool ready outside...I had set myself up for a really fun morning with the kids.

















There are many parts of my life that I don't talk about here as much as I'd like to, mainly because I don't have the time. My faith is one of these parts. Another reason I don't talk about it a lot? I don't feel like I am the best example of a Christian woman. I don't read my bible every day, I don't go to church every Sunday, I like to swear (gasp!)...I'm afraid of coming across like a hypocrite, you know? But I also know that not a one of us is perfect, and that the one thing I do feel utterly confident in saying is that God loves me (and you), swear words and all. (I'm not saying he approves!)

Was that too cheesy? Oh well, hasn't been the first time. :)

xoxo

Comments

  1. I love cheese! Thanks for the wonderful blog. I love the last photo! She looks like a celeb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos really capture the essence of summer. They are so beautiful. I personally believe that being Christian isn't necessarily how you speak or what you do or don't do regarding church. It's how you treat people and how much of an open heart you have to all. jmo :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts