b.c.*

I am cleaning out my bathroom stuff today and came across this nail polish reference card I made about 7 years ago. I remember loving how pretty it was and calling my sister immediately to tell her she had to make one. She definitely liked the idea, as any good sister would, but I'm not sure if she ever did it. (seester?)

I made this card during a really good time in my life. A year or so earlier I had finally quit a job I hated (church secretary) and started selling vintage stuff on ebay full time. I really enjoyed that year but got kind of lonely working on my own. I didn't want to get some other random job so I started going to MATC. The plan was to get my Associate's degree from there and then transfer to the UW to complete a program in, possibly, civil engineering. I loved MATC. There were lots of non-traditional (OLD) students like myself but I wasn't too old to connect with some of the younger set, either. I made friends right away and felt so happy. I did really well in school, focusing almost all my energies there and just doing some ebay stuff on the side. I appreciated it all so much more than the first (and only) year I went right out of high school. Patrick was also in school at this time, working on his Master's, and we did homework together at coffee shops and all sorts of fun stuff like that.

My memories of this time are wonderful. I felt happy and like myself in a way that I hadn't in years. That boring church job, working with 2 other people I didn't really like, took so much out of me! I was reading a Joyce Meyer book last night, How to Hear from God, and one part stood out to me: If you feel peace in your life, if you feel joy in your heart, you know you are living God's will for you right now. Of course there is a lot more to this that I won't go in to but it really struck me. I believe I am right where God wants me to be right now. Here, in this house raising these kids with my husband. What a gift to know that. I am so thankful.

All of these polishes finally got thrown away today but the nailpolish card? I'm keeping it. It's a reminder of another wonderful time in my life...one so different than this one but just as good in other ways. It reminds me of me, Stephanie, who had time to sit and paint 21 swatches of nail color on and index card and label them. And then call her sister and talk about it for probably a half an hour or so. Awesome. I'm pretty thankful I had that time, too.

Comments

  1. That is SO something I would have done. In fact, I might have. I think it's neat you want to keep it as a memento of that Stephanie. This Stephanie is pretty nifty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great you have a "memorial" to that time of your life. I do remember all that going on for you. Wow. life has so many adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts