tGif

Patrick and I had a good laugh last night about the tampon incident. Like a couple of you who commented, I too have put James off on those questions so many times. I'm glad I just finally told him...it was worth any awkwardness that I felt. heehee.

Oh! And did you see I mentioned my husband? He's back! Those flippin confocal microscopes FINALLY are on their way to DC. Sadly, he will join them next week but only for a few days. I'm just glad that's over. He is, too, as he is feeling lousy. No wonder! No sleep, no fresh air, no exercise, no good food, 2 small kids=germ heaven. Last night he answered all my prayers and actually said these words, "Bunny. Why don't you ever get sick?"

Feel free to join me in hysterical laughter.

How would you have answered that? Here is the path I took: (said quickly, with excitement, not sure when I would lose him)

Because I can't! Moms don't get sick! Who would do our job? We would just suffer more than we already do! (hee!) And besides, (really gearing up here) you don't take care of yourself! You don't blah blah blah blah or blah like I always tell you to!

I paused here and heard a soft snore coming from the couch. I'm so glad he's back.

xoxoxo
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. It's so good that he is home for a few days. I hear you about getting sick - I commented the other day about when I get to have "my" midlife crisis and I was promptly told "You don't!There won't be time!" Ahh, the joys of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, LOVE the leaves photo. Your composition is always stellar. Second, ewwwww . . . I can't even begin to think how I would address the tampon explanation--At least I have a few years to think about it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts