starting it out right


dsc03135, originally uploaded by stephaniekg.

For the first time in 9 days we found ourselves alone together today.

I loved having everyone here for Christmas and was a bit sad to see my dear mother/nanny/housekeeper pull out of the driveway this morning...but I suppose it was time to get back to our real lives. What a lovely way to end the year, though, surrounded by our family.

We wanted to spend today doing something we all enjoy so we headed out for an afternoon campfire & hike. It was windy but once inside the woods the trees blocked the worst of it and we were quite warm. (many more pictures on flickr) However, 3 hours after getting home I still feel chilled. How does that work? Time to go take a hot shower and brew some of that decaf I got for my dad.

I am so not good at wrapping the last year up in a beautiful little paragraph like everyone else is. How about a sentence? It was so good and I am so thankful. Thank you for spending a little bit of yours here.

Happy New Year, everyone! xoxo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts