sick

Hi my dear ones,

I have fallen ill (strep throat) and am currently being cared for by my husband. (who graciously stepped up and took the day off tomorrow so I can rest.) I got some antibiotics this afternoon so I should be feeling better soon. (they are particularly gut wrenching. swell.) I've actually had short periods all weekend when I haven't felt too awful but then, all of a sudden, I am weak & cold & achy & have to take to my bed. (oh, darn it!)

Since I am feeling good right now I could go on and on but I am stopping myself so Patrick doesn't reconsider his generous offer. And really, they are his kids too, so it shouldn't seem like that big of a deal for him to take a day off for me, but for some reason it does. And I'm so thankful. And so thankful that it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to him. Hmmmm. Maybe I should have tried this earlier?!

Have a happy Monday everyone! Hopefully I'll be back on Tues or Wed. xoxo

Comments

  1. Hello Steph.
    Can you take Probiotics with the antibiotics? That is supposed to help with the gut wrenching. Also taking the antibiotic on an empty stomach and then eating right away. The food pushes it through your stomach faster.

    That is so sweet of Patrick. Craig has had to do that a couple of times, and it is SOOO nice to just be able to be sick and take care of yourself (mostly)....

    I remember when I used to be sick before being a parent and thinking I had it soooo bad and was sooo miserable. HA! I didn't know how easy it was to be sick back then!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are on the mend today Stephanie. What a nice guy Patrick is to stay home for you. Sometimes I think I would have to have a bone sticking out of my body for Ty to stay home, he seems to think I am a super hero or something. Rest up, warm weather is coming our way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get better! I seem to be the only one who has escaped a stomach bug here at our house (crossing fingers and knocking on wood). Great of your hubby to stay home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts