gracias

my kitchen friday morning...peaceful requirement fulfilled (at least temporarily):
this is how I go outside to hang my laundry...lovely, eh? ;)
best buddies, available for only $1.29 at Kwik Trip!




First off, thank you all for your sweet comments last week. I know we all feel that way sometimes. Sometimes it's hard to say it out loud though, but for me, it's usually so much better after I do. Has everything around here magically fallen back into place? Nope. It's Sunday afternoon again, and I have another mess to deal with, but I don't mind so much because I have the whole week ahead of me with nothing to do except what I choose to do. Ahhhhhhhhh.

Also, there were a few super awesome things that happened on Friday. Friday was a great day. I woke up early, got some time alone, had some time with the kids, drove to Susan's garage sale, went to a meeting at church, took kids to a park...we were out all day and just enjoyed ourselves. I got home Friday afternoon and sitting on my porch was the new sewing machine I had ordered as my birthday gift earlier in the week...5 days early! And then a few minutes later I was talking to my sister about missing her shower (another thing that bummed me out on Thursday was getting her shower invite and not being able to go), and one thing led to another and about a half an hour after that I had a solo ticket to Boston compliments of my Dad and husband. And then James learned to ride without his training wheels (we had put them back on after a long winter of no practice) and was being so cute about it all. (starting & stopping were the most challenging part...my neighbors fence post and one of my peony bushes can attest to that.) Holy cow, right? One can never tell what the day has in store for you. Blessed. I am so blessed and it has nothing to do with me or my actions...it's all God's grace. Amazing. And I'm not saying that it takes a big present and plane tickets to get me out of a funk (although, being totally honest, that didn't hurt) because that whole day, right from the moment I woke up, was all good. It all felt like a big hug from God. And then He just kept piling the good stuff on and I had to holler, "STOP! I'M SO HAPPY I'M ABOUT TO POP DOWN HERE!!!!!"

(This is where, if I had the time, talent & inclination, I would tidily summarize all of this with a little nugget of wisdom.) ;)

xoxo

Comments

  1. Wonderful to read this, this morning. I am so GLAD for you. It all just takes time and some faith, and a gentle nudge from family and friends to get things back in order.

    Have a GREAT week! And let's see some pics of those peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo awesome that you get to go to your sister's shower!!!! Hooray for Dad's and husbands who understand what's important! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo happy for you !!! That was great of your dad and Patrick to get you a ticket to Andrea's shower!!!!! And your day sounded perfect!! God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts