a little show & tell

I found this awesome vintage waffle iron a couple of months ago and spent quite a while cleaning it up for my Dad for Father's Day. He has lots of cute retro stuff in his kitchen and I thought it would make a cute addition. And, it works! Although it gets VERY hot on the outside. So I figured I had better make him some hot pads, too, right?

Since getting my new machine I have been doing lots of little projects but haven't been taking the time to photograph them. (I love having a machine that actually works. We are becoming very good friends.) Also, I didn't forget that glittery project I did a while back. I mounted it on some black construction paper & white card stock and then stitched around it. I've said it before but I'll say it again, I LOVE sewing on paper for some reason.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Oooh ooh oooh!!!! I have a hankering for waffles! That waffle iron is just beautiful. Dontcha love old stuff? (sigh) My Dad sent me home with an old electric frying pan this weekend. He says that it does grilled cheese, pancakes and Coney sauce better than anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love the hotpads!!!! And of course the card! Do stich the paper by hand or with your machine?
    And the waffle iron IS beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. :) I stitch with machine, Jules, but you could definitely do it by hand.

    I want an electric fry pan/griddle thing. Multiple pancakes would be a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT A WAFFLE IRON LIKE THAT! I gotta start rummaging again!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts