trying to figure it out




This is what I have been doing all day besides caring for my sick daughter and bored son. I want to sell some cards at the shows this fall so I've been brainstorming ideas. I got white cards & envelopes and they seem so plain to me. These would have words stamped on them, of course, but do you think colored backgrounds would be much better? I am also thinking of a $2 or 3/$5 price point. Any feedback? If it's nasty, please leave it anonymously so I can pretend you are a stranger. :)

Oh yeah, the mushroom one was just for fun after I realized that my polka dot fabric would make a great cap. I do have a fun idea with those, though, it just takes more time than I have today to put together. (which might mean it's too labor intensive to mass produce as well.) I think the bunting ones would say something like "let's hang out this Christmas." JUST KIDDING. Something like "be full of good cheer", for reals. And I don't think I'd do that rolled crayon background you see in pic 2, that was just to remind me of the good old grade school days.

(feedback appreciated!) (thank you!)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I love them, but I think that you are CRAZY to make those cute little banners. Man that seems like a lot of work. Have you thought about water colors? You could do a little watercolor in the stems.... just a thought and I do not know if that would make it harder.

    BTW I wanted to know if I could help you sell this year? I do not want to add anything to your table, but it was so much fun last year that I would love to help out this year. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I just looked at the first one again and am guessing that you used water colors for that one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cute idea - I like the bunting the best for sure.

    I do think that different colored card stock would make a HUGE difference and make them look really nice. Maybe a sage-y green? Or, like Zoe suggested, a simple watercolor wash. Actually, now that I think about it, that might look more crafty...

    Can't wait to ogle your booth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys, I really appreciate it! I did watercolor wash one card today & had it drying so I will sew on that and see how it goes. These cards aren't really made for paint, though...my mushroom one got kind of warped. I do love the sage green idea, Vicki. And yes, Zoe, you can come and help me. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your peppermint Christmas trees. They are super cute! :) Now I want to make some. Hahhahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When is this years Craftacular? I want to mark my calendar so I don't have to miss out this year. Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts