our day at the beaches

I am skipping the wedding coverage until I have more time. (September?) ha! I am also skipping the day after the wedding because I was exhausted and we went on a 4.5 hour whale watching tour. I know whales are amazing and endangered and all of that but it was really too much for me that day. Luckily I found a nice booth and slept for a good portion of the trip. Those waves are soothing. They should offer a nap cruise. (Hey! New business idea!)

The next day, Tuesday, Patrick and I took the kids to a couple of different beaches. First we hit Plum Island, in Newburyport, MA. It was a beautiful day and we found a really neat spot right by this old pier. The water was freezing and deep but we had a really nice start to our day here.

(click on any picture to see it bigger)
We really wanted to get onto that pier but the water was really too cold to go out even that much farther.
James with his hand stuck in the cookie bag. poor boy.


After Plum Island we moved onto Wingaersheek Beach in Gloucester. Wingaersheek is much more kid friendly, it's a big cove like my other favorite, York Harbor (oh wait...maybe that means it is a harbor??), and the sand is so soft it feels like flour. I heard parking is expensive but we got there after 5:00 so there was no charge. I would gladly spend $20 to spend the day there, though.



Ruby was thrilled to find these drip castles
and destroy them.


James kept saying how great the view was up there.

And this concludes our beach day. We drove home in a pouring rain storm and ate Angus burgers from McDonald's for dinner. I cannot even tell you how good they tasted and how wrong that felt. :)

xoxo

Comments

  1. Nothing wrong with a good burger from McDonald's!!! You make me miss the beach with these photos. But thank you because it is good to remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughed out loud at the picture of Ruby destroying the drip castles. My little one would have done that exact thing:) Cute picture of you and her, too. It's hard to get a good beach picture (for me anyway) but you managed to do it. And thanks for your comment and book recommendation. I got it from the library and am reading it now. Things are lookin' up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts