I couldn't help myself



I said I wouldn't decorate for Halloween until at least October 1st. my bad. Monday was just too perfect and I couldn't resist. It was cold & windy outside, cozy inside, James was home with us...it just sort of happened.

Does it make anyone else so happy to see their same old decorations year after year? I still have some mini pumpkins to get so I can put them on my big candlesticks like Holly taught me. And I want to spray paint a couple of things but know that A) I should not do it in the garage near all of our oak trim and B) should not breathe while doing it due to baby so might pass out. I think Patrick might be spray painting an owl this weekend. He will love that.

I did something VERY exciting last night. I actually LEFT THE HOUSE after 6pm. I know. I was pretty amazed with myself, too. Patrick & I met up and switched cars (including items in the cars, like children) so I could go do a little shopping. AFTER DARK. I went to Target, Goodwill, DSW and Barnes & Noble. I was sitting at B&N looking at a magazine and yawning, thinking it must be close to 10pm. I looked at my phone...8:30. HA! I packed it up and was home in bed by 9. baby steps.

I am going to go exercise now. My sister is doing the 30 Day Shred and I am doing a modified version* so to minimize the huffing and puffing. While she does crazy stuff like JUMPING JACKS, I simply march in place. Works for me and at least my muscles are still getting a workout.

xoxo

*that I refer to as the 30 day tiny rip

Comments

  1. Tell your sister that I got to Day 5 of the 30 day shred before I threw in the towel. Jillian can sure kick some butt! Love the decorations--I just put out corn stalks from my garden and a mum on the front porch.

    Ahhh . . . shopping by yourself? How exactly does one make that happen???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE THE DATES OF YOUR DULUTH TRIP ON MY CALENDAR, COUSIN. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU...HOPEFULLY ON FRIDAY I CAN COME UP THERE. CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW YOU THE NEW JEWELRY ON MY LEFT HAND!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Yeah, Jillian is a big bully, that is for sure, Allison. I get bored doing the same thing every day (the 30 day deal), even for a week. But I haven't touched this in months so it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am busy getting my boo on as we speak. Its never too early...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts