wednesday, I feel better just for spite*

James has a much simpler asthetic:

I found this 1949 Clue board (and some of the cards) at the Dig a while ago. I have it up on top of our entertainment center because I think it's really cool looking. James is, of course, now obsessed with all things CLUE and wants to play. How do you sweeten up a board game about murder? Colonel Mustard broke the Legos in the playroom with a lead pipe? I told him I'd find the rules online (because I forgot them...it's been many Clueless years for me) and make up some new cards.
And for my final exciting photo, here are some lids I finally got up on my fridge. For a while there, about 10 years ago, I collected cute old lids. It was a hard collection to add to and I've since gotten rid of most of them. These two have stayed because they're awesome. I mean, come on, Raggedy Ann Ol' Fash'n Corn Relish?? I loved that stuff! (ha!) The A&W cap is jumbo, see it compared to a regular bottle cap? (could you figure that out yourself? I'm sorry.)


***************

Ruby was up at 2am with a belly ache (gas) that kept her up for 30 minutes, me up for 120. Needless to say, I woke up crabby this morning. I am starting to feel better now, as a little time passes. Man, nothing like losing a chunck of REMs to screw up your mood. It is supposed to stay around the mid seventies today so that right there makes me really happy. I'm pretending that I didn't see that they changed tomorrow's forecast back to 79. (sigh.) Also making me happy? James has soccer practice tonight! Our friends started a small team and even though I was really late to sign up, he got to join. He'll get to see all his buddies from our playgroup that he doesn't see anymore because of school. Fun!

*Does anyone remember the song that my post title came from? Man, that old country music reminds me of my girlfriends and the bar. Good times back then. :)

xoxo









Comments

  1. I'm probably wrong, but was that Mary Chapin Carpenter?

    Your CLUE board is way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those were the days...I got friends in low places....

    Hope you get a full night's sleep tonight.

    They make a Clue Jr where someone hid a toy and animal, and someone eats a piece of cake and drinks the milk or something like that..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly...close! Lorri Morgan. :)

    And Jules, I had no idea about the clue jr., that sounds so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts