ruby's tuesday & a random story





such a big girl/little girl.

(that's how she refers to herself now. A couple weeks ago she was balking at any big girl talk so I'm happy to see she has now embraced it in her own way. She will always be my baby girl, anyways.)

*****************************

Can I just say what a luxury it is to go grocery shopping with only one child? I'm sure next fall I'll be doing my shopping while Ruby is at preschool, again bringing my total child count to one. Bliss.

I dreamt about my most sickening ex-boyfriend last night (I guess he was my only truly sickening one) and as I tried to get myself back to sleep I composed an entire post about him in my head. The best part of the whole story of (rhymes with) STAN was that after he cheated on me (this came out of (seemingly, at the time) nowhere and I had really thought I'd marry that (cough, using term loosely) man) and couldn't decide where he wanted our relationship to go, and I was a total mess because I felt like I was just hanging there, waiting, I called to talk to his mother. She wasn't home but his Dad started talking to me and gave me the best advice. He said I would continue to be miserable as long as I felt like someone else was in charge of what happened. He said I was letting him be in control and I had to decide for myself if I really wanted to try and make things work with someone who had disrespected me in that way.

Isn't that the coolest thing ever? I think that was my favorite part of my whole relationship with STAN. (His Dad happens to be a psychology professor.) Loved that. Thank you, Dennis. (his real name...nothing rhymes with that)

So anyways. Don't you just love good people? People who are there for you in ways you would never expect? I truly thank God that STAN lied to me that day and that his Dad cared enough to take the time to talk to me and share that much needed advice. (because before that phone call I really was a true break up mess, had lost 15 pounds in a week from not eating anything...sad (but boy did I look good!) and after that phone call I decided I was done with STAN forever. And, oh boy, then the fun began!! :) Jolee, care to chime in?? just kidding, we won't go there but let's just say STAN didn't like my decision at all and stalked me for a good couple of months.)

And, that is my out of the blue story for the day. Time to clean the kitchen.

xoxoox




Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. yep, that was a good decision on your part honey.....STAN was not meant to be your (our) man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to remember STAN driving by a certain place you worked... ALL. THE. TIME! (Though I don't think I knew the whole story then) Good call, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story. That really was lovely of Dennis to pass on those words of wisdom.

    ErinH

    ps-I'm glad Ruby has such great balance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THREE CHEERS FOR SAYING ADIOS TO MEN WHO TREAT YOU LIKE CRAP...WISH I WOULD HAVE COME ACROSS A DENNIS A LITTLE EARLIER IN LIFE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING ANYWAY, SO SUCH IS LIFE.
    XOXO
    COUSINTINE

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh, stan. Yes, I do remember. and what "fun" that was. Thank goodness it worked out the way it did, even though you had to go through the pain. That part wasn't good. Wow, my anger adrenaline was rushing again remembering stan. Sorry you had to have that dream.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts