Christmas goodies

This year I decided to make a trio of goodies to give to some of the people on our list. I made this caramel corn, this peppermint bark*, and of course, these pretzel turtles**.
I got these paper lunch bags at Target, (40 for 1.92...brown ones are just as cute but I was feeling wild this year) filled them up and sewed them shut. Ready to be delivered!
And because I like when other people do this...here is my "behind the scenes" shot.

Magic like this doesn't just happen, folks. ;) heehee


Any recipes you want to share?

*I also added a bottom layer of melted milk chocolate chips and added 1/2 t peppermint extract to each layer

**I always drizzle these with melted white chocolate and sprinkle...they look a lot more festive that way

xoxo

Comments

  1. That is super clever to sew up the bag! I am so doing that and giving you ALL the credit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a very yummy trio!!! So crafty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, that caramel corn is so going to be produced in my kitchen. Looks fab! And, I can't stop thinking about your little sewn paper bags. What a clever idea! I just got my great grandmother's sewing machine, and if I ever figure out if it works and how to use it, I'm totally stealing that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys. :) Sewing on stuff besides fabric can be addicting...be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sewing the bags is brilliant (i'm finding you brilliant in all my comments today, aren't i?). i'm stealing it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm making caramel corn right now! I added almonds and cranberries- it's my first time so we'll see how it tastes. It certainly smells good. I also made chocolate crinkle cookies for the first time this year- DANGEROUS. Maybe even blog-worthy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take brilliant, Liz. ;)

    Holly...cranberries and almonds!!! Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts