my first anonymous email

I got an email from an anonymous reader last week who was concerned about me. They were bothered by the "disrespectful" post I wrote about my mother and were wondering if maybe I was depressed again as I get so upset with Ruby all the time. (referring to what I wrote in that same post that was about my mom, which when I now reread it, still sounds like my usual self to me)

Well, how kind. I think signed emails are a little easier to take seriously than anonymous ones but I do think that the part about my mom might have confused some. See, she left a funny comment on one of my posts gushing about my dad wondering where all her love was. So I replied to her, sarcastically, as we tend to do. I think most of you know how much I adore my mother. She is awesome and I have nothing but mad love for the old bag. :) See? We're just like that...we like to make each other laugh.

The part about Ruby, well, all I can say is welcome to reality. Sometimes I think harsh things about my children and sometimes I share them here if I happen to post in that moment of anger or frustration or whatever. This is my blog and I want it to be an honest reminder for me of my life. I am struggling with Ruby right now in a few ways, and sometimes I get really mad at her, but I am also trying to remind myself that this is typical kid stuff and it too shall pass. At 3.5 James liked to throw things, hit me on occasion, never stayed in his room when he was told...sounds fun, right? Ruby shows her anger and frustration in different ways that are physically harder on me because they are so LOUD. (she shrieks at James, and her cry is piercing to say the least...and she cries A LOT when she's frustrated.) And it's usually in the late afternoon when James is home and I am on the tail end of my patience. And I easily will give her a consequence for screaming at me or James but her emotional crying is harder to deal with...can you punish a child for showing their emotions? I need her to learn other ways to deal with that frustration but it's not as easy as it sounds. So, yes, it's a challenge and yes, I do get very mad at her sometimes but really, there's no need to worry about me. If I need meds I will get them. If I wake up some morning without seeing the fresh start ahead of us, that's when I'll be concerned about myself. And please, use your name next time. I normally wouldn't even address this but the email wasn't totally nasty and I thought it might be something that more of you had wondered about me.

Do you all think I'm a psycho b*tch?? Yikes. I hope I don't come across that way. I'm only that way sometimes, promise. :)

I have all this fun stuff to post about but I can't tack it on to the end of this business. I'll start fresh one...like I do each morning. xoxo

Comments

  1. Thank you to whoever was concerned about my little girl, it is really sweet of you. I guess the two of us do have our own unique little way of kidding w/each other that someone not close to us could perhaps misunderstand. That said, we love, trust, and respect each other, no question, and our humor(it's pretty much an entire family thing actually) often helps get us through the hard times, and makes the good times even better. She is and has been such a blessing in my life, and I thank God for her (most of the time.......... :)
    Signed, Stephanies Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. xoxoxooxooxoxoxooxox to both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a 3-year-old, so i relate to your posts. they make me feel sane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, threes are SO much harder than twos - at least in my world. I so appreciate your honesty about the struggles in parenting that so many of us (well, ME, at least) are sharing. As for your mother-post goes, I totally dug it. I get that kind of sarcastic humor and even though I don't really know you and certainly don't know your mom at all, I knew it was all done in love.
    Your honestly is what makes this blog so enjoyable to read, so, to quote Billy Joel, don't go changin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psycho B-? No. Keepin' it real? Yes. And oh my god am I depressed about the coming year after reading your comments-LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Liz and Teresa. And Holly, don't worry. It's not all bad. :) There are just some really big ups and downs during this fun year of 3. (for us, anyways)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was just that one anony. reader who got it wrong, Stephanie. Looks to me like you're doing just fine =)

    ErinH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe she should ask HER kinds where they put her sense of humor... LOL
    SEESTER

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mean kids.. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steph,Ditto to what everyone else said!! You are awesome and you haven't said anything a mother of a young child hasn't thought. And if your comments are an indication of depression, then I need to quadruple the Zoloft I am on :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, they're all the same thoughts I had when you were growing up..
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts