quiet, please

We saw the doctor yesterday (actually a PA that I really liked) and James definitely has an ear infection.  Both ears are infected but one was particularly bad.  My poor little moaner.  :)  He is feeling better already as some of the pressure has been released  (won't go into details) and is back at school today after a good night of sleep.  Ruby had a chest xray that ruled out pneumonia so whatever she has going on is just viral, thank God.  She also has a double ear infection so they are both on antibiotics for the next 9 days.  Her cough sounds awful but it doesn't bother me nearly as much now that I know we just all have a bad cold.

As an aside, I've definitely noticed that noise is probably the biggest anxiety trigger I have.  Not all noises but certain noises, repetitive noises, can really make me feel anxious and angry.  I realize it though, so when it's someone coughing over and over and over (or moaning) I know I just need to get an occasional break from it or I might lose my cool.  Patrick started coughing last night, too.  :)  Luckily I didn't call him any names.  (maybe just in my head)

Anyhow, Ruby the cougher and I are home today.  I finally got to that bit of sewing that's been on my mind.  That makes me happy.

Here is a small pillow cover I found at the dig.  It's a nice grey wool and I found it still sealed in the package with a fluffy insert.   (I think it's about 12" long and 8" high)  The sentiment is not one that I share but I thought it had potential.  I've been wanting to make a gift for someone for a while and thought this might work in some way so I brought it home.



Last week Patrick finally admitted that a favorite pair of jeans had been in rotation for way too long.  I saved them because the soft denim was such a pretty color after one bazillion washes and I thought I might be able to use them in some way.  Later on, it hit me.



Now this isn't finished but I like it so far.  I had the perfect fabric in my stash that ties the grey wool and faded denim together.  It was destiny!  I'll snap a picture before it gets sent on its way. 

I'm going to sign off now and have some coffee.  My only hope for the day is to get my house cleaned up before the weekend.  I think another nap is in order (we all slept yesterday...it felt so good) as well and I know Ruby wants to do some painting.  I hope you all have a good Friday and a great weekend.  I wish you good health and happy times.  :)  xoxoo

Comments

  1. glad things are looking up! I missed you at Dig n save this morning . . . sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two sick little ones, too:( I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had a Dig! Great re-purposing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts