Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I have totally lost my will to move

I am officially out of steam.  The kids are *mostly* packed, the car seats are cleaned off, I've taken care of lots of business...but there is still lots to do.

Did I mention our oven took a big crap last Friday?  It did.  So our meals have to be stove top and I haven't defrosted my hamburger yet (to make hamburgers tonight) and I HATE defrosting meat for some reason so I am putting it off which only makes everything worse.  Also?  My daughters boots STINK.  I just ran them through the washer with vinegar (and my favorite Charlie's soap) and am hoping they can survive a tumble through the dryer.  Hmmmm.  What else can I complain about now that I have your attention???

Oh, all right.  I'll stop.  I remembered this morning that I never updated you on how I did with my goals last week.  Kathy busted me on facebook last night but I only accepted a friend request, which I've done 3x this month.  I know it would bug me if someone took forever to respond to mine so I made an allowance for that.  Otherwise, no facebook.  With composting I am doing fine and feel like I'll stick with it now until it's super easy again in the summer.  Exercise has been great as I got a lot of walking in this week already.  (good thing, too, as now it's cold and I won't even consider it.)  Pop.  Well, pop and I seem to have settled in to a twice a week rendezvous.  And I'm not talking about an 8 ounce serving here, people.  OH NO.  Have you seen the Big Buddy?  (at least I hold back from the Mega Buddy.)  Oh, and eating out?  Not so good.  Again, I'm not sure, let me think.  I know we had Culver's and Milio's (mmmmmmmMilios) and Noodles last week.  We spend SO much money eating out.  I might have to go cold turkey for March and see if we can.  Twice a week seems like a flimsy limit and I am obviously not taking it seriously. 

This is what I feel I've learned the last two months from my goals:  1.  Exercise will stay.  I love it (even in small amounts) and am honestly excited to do my beloved Yogilates again.  (even if my sister claims I only like it because of the name.)   (so??)  :)  2.  Pop will stay.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder and I learned nothing from skipping pop for a month except that I don't want to do that again!  OH, sweet pop.  At least I limit myself a little now.  3.  Composting in the winter isn't that hard and I will most likely keep it up.  (I just imagine moving that bin in a couple of months and seeing all that glorious compost that we made last year and knowing that I already have a better start on next year's.)  4.  I am lazy.  5.  I don't miss facebook that much but don't want to rule it out completely.  Maybe once a week for checking in?  We'll see, still pondering this.  6.  Meat free meals are not that hard or bothersome.  We have been averaging one a week without it being a big deal so I plan on continuing this route.  (of course, right now, with the oven being broken and me being #4, we are having meal free meals which is a little harder.)  7.  We eat out too much and I don't think I can go halfway here.  I need to come up with a more presentable way to present this to myself, if you know what I mean.  I know Patrick will go with whatever so I will keep thinking on it.  I would just so much rather it be an occasional special treat kind of thing instead of a regular occurrence.  Any ideas for me?

Alright.  I've had a nice long break now and all this blathering on about myself seems to have restored my energy.  (if only to make myself stop)  xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Yogilates? That's got me smiling! We don't eat out much, maybe a couple of times a month--merely because the Princess of Darkness is known to make some sudden and sweeping and LOUD proclamation of unhappiness in the midst of the meal--and keep it up until we have hastily gathered our belongings and left.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...